Stuart Black

Thanks Mike,

Valve is working, I think the boiler is overheating as it seems far more
active than normal.

The primary feed into the cylinder is getting hot, as is the feed out after
a while, but the coil is having nowhere near the heating effect, both in
temperature or voume of heated water.

I still suspect that the removal of the radiator is the cause but it's not
an obvious problem to diagnose. Any thoughts on how such an act could cause
the hot water feed to become ineffective ?

Stuart

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Stuart Black" wrote in
:

The boiler is definately working as is the pump. In fact they are
working overtime as the water in the cylinder never gets warm enough
to switch them off !

Any ideas what else i should look at ?

As there's no takers I'll have another go.

As your boiler and pump are running the heat must be going somewhere; I
have to assume it's into the heating, if not there should have been an
explosion as all your safety cutouts have failed.

It may be that your 3 port valve has failed actually in the valve,
rather than the actuator - I'm told this is pretty rare, but if you
disturbed a piece of crud....

You may be able to remove the top bit of the valve (the electrics) and
see if you can move the actual stem with a wrench. With older valves you
can't do this.

Putting it into "mamual" should have done this if the brass bit of the
valve is working.

If your pump and boiler is working, and neither the rads or hot water
are heating up, I should evecuate the area.

HTH

mike