Dave Liquorice

On 8 Sep 2004 07:44:22 -0700, N. Thornton wrote:

If you trust the box's equivalency claims, its dimmer and doesnt
look right.

Yep, been caught like that. I now look for the little box that gives
the techy information, like (but not always) voltage, fitting code,
life, lumens, colour temperature.

For example a 60W incandescant has "240V 700 Lumen 1000h" on the
bottom of the box. Morrisons (=A32.99 for 2) 11W CFLs have "711 Lumen 11=

Watt 12000h". I have yet to try these cheapies and I'm fully expecting
the colour to be crap...

You can get decent colour temperature CFLs now though, just replaced
6x40W E14 candles with GE Tech Extra Mini 9W CFLs, there is actually
more light in the room now. Not cheap, =A36.98 each springs to mind from=

B&Q, but as these lights are on for 18hrs a day the reduction in the
power bill will have paid for them in about 9 months...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail