Nancy Overholtz

"Rob Worgull" wrote in message ...
I'm new to turning and people are always commenting about turning green
wood. Why not regular kiln dried / air dried wood? Does the moisture help
to keep the turned piece from splitting apart?

Someone told me to get a 4x4 cedar port from the Borg and practice on chunks
of that. Is that a good or bad idea?

Thanks
Rob

--

Rob. There are about a dozen good reasons to turn green wood. Such as
it's usually