Larry Jaques

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:05:23 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

In Texas, Bush has promoted cooperation between the state government
and religious organizations to address social needs. Bush said he
would try to make it easier for the federal government and faith-based
groups to work together in an "army of compassion" that would attack
problems like drugs and poverty.

"Oh, Christ!" is the best reply I can come up with here.

The army of compassion is the same as the regular army, except there are
little smiley faces painted on the ends of their bullets.

"That's a mighty hollow grin on your hollow-point, soldier."
Poppy Bush is no doubt thinking that his son has created a
"Kinder and gentler warring nation".

Speaking of lead, I went out to the range yesterday and got
to fire an old matchlock rifle. It was 1600 reproduction made
from the barrel of a Vulcan minigun. The round lead ball shot
it fired was 20mm, or eighty cal. I couldn't stop grinning
for half an hour after that.

Take aim, reach up with your right hand to pull the cover off
the flash pan, squeeze the trigger (putting the burning end
of the 8' long hemp rope into the flash pan), wait a couple
seconds while keeping aim, and BOOM! It puts nice little bruise
on your upper bicep attachment. I'd want some extra padding in
there if I shot one very often, but that was a real hoot. And
while I was being tutored on shooting the thing, folks wandered
by yelling "Hey, I smell Pot!" as they caught a whiff of the
hemp rope burning.

..-.
Better Living Through Denial
---