Grant Erwin

Have you looked at it yet? I think it just uses like 1/4" square HSS bits
you grind to shape, like a small lathe or shaper does. A buddy of mine has
one which he's never used, keeps offering it to me on "long loan" but I've
never had occasion to need it yet. He has a bunch of bits that came with his.
He lives a few hours from here, so I can't just pop over with my digital
camera, though.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Karl Townsend wrote:

I'm the proud new owner of a bridgeport vertical slotter attachment. This
mounts on the back of my bridgy. You swing the heads around to use the
slotter instead of the regular head. I paid more than I should have, but
space is such a premium in my shop to make it worth not having another
machine in the way.

My far and away number one use for this unit will be to cut internal keyways
in sprockets, pulleys etc.

What tooling is made for cutting these keyways? Especially in smaller
I.D.s. How small a key can be cut?

BTW, I bought this from reliableendmill, the fellow Scott Logan has issues
with a couple threads down. No problems here.