Dave Hinz

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:18:53 -0700, Guy Macon wrote:

Dear Woodworkers:

news.groups is for discussions about the creation of new newsgroups.

If you have a comment about whether to create rec.woodworking.moderated
please post it to rec.woodworking and news.groups.

The .moderated group was brought up by a non-participant of the
rec.woodworking newsgroup for unknown reasons. As such, discussing
that person's non-participation in the group is relevant to the
discussion.

If you have a comment about anything else, please post it to
rec.woodworking only without crossposting it to news.groups.

We have a job to do, and do not need the additional noise from
you crossposting your flamewars here.

Do you have a FAQ which talks about the foolishness of creating a
moderated group when the person suggesting same is unlikely to be
a positive influence in the process? That'd be helpful. Serious
question - I've seen many groups where a .moderated is created by
someone with an agenda, and the .moderated group languishes and dies
because of non-participation.