Harvey Van Sickle

Default Radiator Covers

On 24 Jan 2004, Martin wrote

-snip-

From what I can see the design is pretty simple, a wooden frame
with some form of perforated material to let the air flow. So why
the **** do they cost so much? (up to £250) I'm sure I could make
something as good (if not better) for about £10 - £20 plus a few
hours with a router. Am I missing something here? Has anyone else
made their own?

I don't think you're missing much (at least, I've also wondered why
they seem so wildly overpriced). I've not made my own, but a good
friend made them out of MDF; they looked fine, and seemed to do the
trick.

(As for decorating behind radiators, my vote's with the other posters:
cutting and dropping down for wallpaper, and using a radiator roller
for painted walls does it well enough for me.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.