Mike72903

Default Roofing question using 6 tab shingles

I'm building a small 8 by 10 foot saltbox style storage building. A local
lumber yard was closing out some 6 tab shingles at $5.00 per bundle so that's
what I'm using for roofing. The tabs are rounded rather that flat like
standard 3 tab shingles and each tab is 6 inches wide giving a scalloped
effect. They are green and look great with the style of the shed. However, I
can't figure out what to do at the roof ridge. Normal 3 tab shingles would be
cut into thirds, with each third turned sideways and overlapped along the ridge
leaving the color portion exposed. But, the tabs on these are only 6 inches so
not wide enough to cover the ridge. Like standard shingles, the color only
covers the tab portion so I can't just use the back part of the shingle since
it's black.. Other than buying matching 3 tab shingles or using some kind of
ridge vent system, is there a clever way of using these 3 tab shingles to
provide ridge coverage? I googled with no luck so any suggestions appreciated
or refferal to another applicable newgroup. Regards, Mike in Arkansas