William Brown

If you are buying directly off the internet, there is probably no agent
involved (nor will there be if you try to collect), which would be a
substantial savings.

I would suspect that also some of the coverages are limited in one way
or another. The only way to check that would be to ask for a copy of
the policy and read it very carefully. Unfortunately, I think it is
safe to say that most of us can't read well enough to plow through all
the carefully constructed language in there, and we don't find out what
is uncovered, or how the coverage is limited, until we make a claim.

Lee Carkenord wrote:
I am currently paying about $425 for a one year Homeowners Insurance
policy. I just got my renewal notice, and they have increased the
policy cost to about $500, for the same exact coverage.

Therefore, I decided to shop via the Internet for different quotes for
my Homeowners insurance. As expected, the quotes I got were all over
the place, from about $390 all the way to about $650.

However, one quote stood out.........it was for $169. The fees were
itemized, and indeed did add up to $169 for a 1 year policy. The
coverages were what I asked for. So that "lowball" quote was
evidentally not a typo.

OK......so I am suspicious. What could be some logical explanations
for this extremely low quote? Any chance that it is legit? I've not
yet talked with the agent offering this policy. What questions should
I ask this agent? How can I assure that I would be safely covered by
the policy this agent sells?

The agent is Colorado Insurance Sales and Service, located in
Littleton Colorado.......the Insurance company represented is Colorado
Casualty.

Thank you...... Lee Carkenord

there.