ben45

the 279827 is a common replacement motor model number for a lot of these
dryers, I'm not sure if its a particular company that makes that model or if
its a generic model number. it has the right specs, 1725rpm, 115v,
1/3hp.... same mounting and shaft... my questionn was is it true that there
is only a 115v motor in a 220v dryer, and could it really be the exact same
one because according to self help sites regarding dryer repairs it seems
like they use the same replacement motor....?

ben

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"ben45" wrote in message

My dryer seems to be a 279827 motor,

That number means nothing to me. Where is it from?

Is it possible to just pickup a cheap
used 220v machine and rip the motor out for use in my 110v dryer?

It must have the same mounting and the same shaft size, same RPM, same
Horsepower.

If so,
would the connections on the motor from the 220v machine be the same?

No. Some motors are dual voltage though. I have no idea about the one you
have or will obtain.