John Powell

Jerry Built wrote in message ...
I need a voice recorder that I can carry without being noticed.
It should be able to record for several hours, with reasonable
quality, and it should be easy to transfer the recording made
off it onto something else. I know one or two people who post
here may have dealings in this sort of thing, hence asking -
pointers to more appropriate groups, or useful recommendations
and advice, will be much appreciated.

J.B.

Try www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

You should be able to buy a small mp3player that has direct encoding
from the inbuilt microphone - people use them for lectures etc. you
can typically record near CD quality for multiple hours. you can also
use external microphones.

I use a Creative Jukebox 20Gb to record my Jazz sextet rehearsals - I
use a small pocket battery preamp and sony condensor mic - v good
results.

There's a whole internet culture devoted to "stealth" concert
recording - a google search will reveal all...

John