Andy Hall

Default 2 port Vs 3 port central heating valves

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:16:14 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message

If you decide to go the 3 port way - be strongly advised that the
diveter valve variant (either but not both CH and HW) - has been found
wanting by many.

This new to me. A 3 port diverter is as simple as a two port. They use the
same heads.

I had diverter valves of this type in my system from when the house
was built until I ripped it out with the rest of the abortionate
plumbing that they had done in the airing cupboard.

There were four replacements over a 15 year period which I don't think
is impressive. Typically, either the mechanism would stick in the
base or a leak would develop.

Using 2 port versions and having the boiler do the priority control
seems to be a much better solution.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl