Ace

What about checking out the Grizzly G0550 or the G0551?

"Jim" wrote in message
I have to agree with Bob. I also have the Delta 20-580 and am very

pleased
with the performance.

Jim
www.woodblog.com

"Bob" wrote in message
It appears you are looking at benchtop planers, as opposed to heavier
cast planers. In that class, let me suggest you look and see if there
is a Lowe's in your area that still has a Delta 20-580 13" planer in
stock. These planers sell for $350-$450 depending on where you buy.
Lowe's had them on sale for $229 - an incredible buy. I bought one and
I am very pleased with it. At that price, there is no other
competition to consider.

Bob

P.S. If you have a dust collector, pay the extra $24 for the dust
collection nozzle for this planer. It works very, very well.