Karl Townsend

Default Shaper, slotter bits

I'm the proud new owner of a bridgeport vertical slotter attachment. This
mounts on the back of my bridgy. You swing the heads around to use the
slotter instead of the regular head. I paid more than I should have, but
space is such a premium in my shop to make it worth not having another
machine in the way.

My far and away number one use for this unit will be to cut internal keyways
in sprockets, pulleys etc.

What tooling is made for cutting these keyways? Especially in smaller
I.D.s. How small a key can be cut?

BTW, I bought this from reliableendmill, the fellow Scott Logan has issues
with a couple threads down. No problems here.

Karl