Jacek Zagaja

Don,

Our Polish lathe is rather old - maybe 25 years now. It needs a little
tuning. You're right it can turn metric and other threads as well but
the minimal pitch is 1.0 mm so for precise mechanics it fails.

Binoculars eccentric mounting - it sounds interesting. In old binos
you have to unscrew the lens a little to match two objectives.
Otherwise you can get a squint

Is this to be an astronomical telescope? (For viewing the stars?)

Yes this is a superb an well known Carl Zeiss Jena Telemntor refractor
(objective D=63mm fl=840mm) produced between '88-'90. It has
outstanding built quality.

I do purchase some products from your country. An example is lathe
chucks, which are sold here under the name "Bison", though I don't
know what the factory actually calls itself. In any case, I am quite
pleased with the equipment from your country which I have and use
regularly.

Do you have the company www site who sells "Bisons"?

Were not the tanks used by the Russians built in your country at one
time (before the breakup of the Soviet Union)?

Yes they were for example casted parts made in Polish stealworks
(Katowice) but where was the assembly hall - no doubt a south of
Poland (Slask).

Cheers,

Jack Zagaja - photographer, designer, programmer
free photoshop plugins, photographic assistance
opinions and much more ...