George Eberhardt

"Childfree Scott" wrote in message
om...
Exactly how thick is the copper pipe that is used?

I think somebody said 1/4 inch copper was all that is needed. But I would
like to have that confirmed before I started any serious work.

Can you get even thicker or better quality pipes?

The real problem is that soil quality can lead to corosion of the copper
pipe in a period of about 5 years. I was told that the manufacturer wanted
a soil sample before sending the buried copper components, and also that in
some cases special 'fill' is needed around the copper.

That would be on only real concern and I'd use the copper pipe buried
in the ground system.

--
George Eberhardt
(732)224-8988