Des Higgins

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
"Jet" wrote in message

. co.uk...
"Steve Exley" wrote in message
I seem to have got a countersinking bit stuck inside a keyless chuck

on my
bosch drill.

snip

Get a pair of mole grips tightly on the outer side (furthest half away

from
the drill body) and give it a slap with a hammer.
Sounds like you have "seized" it up.

If that don't work and free it up after 20 or so slaps, consign it to

use as
your Countersinking drill.

Then go buy another one, remembering not to tighten the bits much

hTh

Out of interest, how much would it cost to replace a keyless chuck
with a proper chuck, half inch size. It is impossible to use in
hammermode with any drill less than about 7mm dia because you can't do
the chuck up tight enough.
The hammer action drives the drill into the chuck until only an inch
or so protrudes.
I find these chucks absolutely bloody useless. Alternatively I buy a
set of long series masonary drills that are fitted to the bottom of
the chuck anyway.

I have had a Black and Decker keyless chuck drill for 10 years and it is
great but admittedly, I have never
tried hammer action with bits less than 7mm diam. For 7-10mm the hammer
action is fine.
They do slip if the bit jams in the wall. For less than 7mm, is just use
normal action unless I am drilling into the wifes Quiche.