David Hall

Australopithecus scobis wrote in message e...
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:38:13 -0400, Bill Rogers wrote:

Not half as much offensive as posting this useless crap in a
woodworking newsgroup.

Bill.

Just turn on a filter. Searching for '^OT' works well. OTOH, think of it
as BSing around the cracker barrel. If your newsreader supports scores,
you can hide the OT posts without zapping them; then when you're in the
mood for some persiflage, the OTs are still there for your enjoyment.

Anyway, it's Usenet.

Unfortunately, this thread is not marked as "OT" and doesn't include
many of the most common words that those not wanting politics with
their woodworking would normally filter on. I guess if your filter was
left over from the Clinton years you might still have "impeac*" in
your filter and I guess some might have "war" in the filter, but
otherwise this thread wouldn't get caught by most filters. By the same
token, the delete key still works.

Dave Hall