Colum Mylod

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:07:26 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

[interference effects on digital TV signals]
Of course with analogue you can see what's going on. CCI is easy to
recognise - but with digital you're unaware of the 'lift' until the
screen goes blank for no apparent reason...

I was surprised that the "digital cliff" is err "wider" than expected:
it's not so much a now you see it now you don't but a varying
disruption which shows up as mass blockiness. I had expected a more
binary works/fails, the current atmospherics show up as unreliability
that comes and goes (prob. due to fading in and out).

As you say, the fact that with analogue signals the cause is much more
visible whereas in the digital world a wobbly BER bar is not as much
fun!

--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com