Mike Mitchell

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:09:54 +0100, "David"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:31:09 +0100, "David"
wrote:

Mike apologies for snipping all of the previous

but there is no point in taking the time to correct anything you said.This
is a lost cause,

There is no point is trying to explain something where the opinion is
already clearly set in stone. You choose to ignore the facts and opinions
of those who have actually experienced using this system in favour of your
vague idea of what would happen.

But you appear to believe that it's only me! That I somehow have this
idée fixe, which must therefore be perverse in some way. But The
Scotsman reported even earlier than that other report of theirs I
quoted from, as, on 12th August, it wrote, under the headline
"Scottish house-buyers' frustration with sale system":

quote
ONE in four Scots would prefer the English house-buying system to be
adopted north of the Border, according to a new report.

The uncertain "offers over" system, soaring prices and the cost of
multiple surveys have led to increasing criticism of the Scottish
process, once regarded as superior.

Buyer frustration has peaked in hotspots such as Edinburgh and Glasgow
where the offers-over price often bears little relation to the true
valuation of the property. The result is that buyers waste time and
money pursuing properties which they have little chance of securing.

The research, conducted by BMRB International for Clydesdale Bank,
reveals that 25 per cent of Scots support scrapping the current system
in favour of the English method - despite such a move possibly opening
up buyers to a host of problems from which they are currently
protected under the Scottish system.

Jamie Macnab, of the estate agents FPDSavills, said he was not
surprised by the findings.

"The [Scottish] system is a mess at the moment and I would
wholeheartedly support reform. I am not at all surprised that there is
this level of disenchantment," he said.

"For a buyer the asking price scenario is a nightmare. People set
their hearts on a home only to find that the seller is expecting a 40
per cent premium."
/quote

Now why is it that you ignore the one in four Scots who agree with my
view that the system is flawed?

MM