Greg Millen

"Australopithecus scobis" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:38:13 -0400, Bill Rogers wrote:

Not half as much offensive as posting this useless crap in a
woodworking newsgroup.

Bill.

Just turn on a filter. Searching for '^OT' works well.

Not with this post - it didn't have OT in the subject.

OTOH, think of it
as BSing around the cracker barrel.

Perhaps. But this is *our* cracker barrel, and who the heck is this
one-time-wonder poster who introduces himself with a political thread in a
WW group? Why is his nick "ModerateLeft" instead of "Splinter"?

If your newsreader supports scores,
you can hide the OT posts without zapping them; then when you're in the
mood for some persiflage, the OTs are still there for your enjoyment.

This is political crap and is anything but persiflage (Light good-natured
talk; banter.).

Anyway, it's Usenet.

You say that like it's an excuse to be intrusive and rude.

Having said all that, I wouldn't have minded so much if the person was a
regular, and was in fact just BS'ing. Fact is, someone wandered in, ****ed
his politics, and waddled out again. Probably a 1.5 on the troll scale.

cheers,

Greg