patriarch

Nova wrote in
:

"patriarch " wrote:

HerHusband wrote in
:

Can I apply an oil based polyurethane over the shellac to improve
it's durability?

Waterbased poly. Oil based poly. Shellac. Almost anything. Amber
shellac will intensify that, because the color is part of the finish.

Only if dewaxed shellac is used. I would not attempt to apply any
water based finish over shellac containing wax.

BTW Tony, dewaxed shellac provides a harder, more durable finish than
shellac containing wax. Dewaxed shellac is what I would recommend.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jack's right, of course. My list was meant to convey color change, not
finish layering order. Sorry for any confusion.

Patriarch