Pete C.

Unfortunately I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner although I should get
one. Today I was able to get them turning with a little "persuasion",
after the first turn and a little more dunking in the Kroil I was able
to take them appart for the most part. The parts for each are now in
ziplock baggies still saturated in Kroil until I get ambition to try to
finish cleaning and polishing them. Then I will need to get a small set
of cheapo gauge blocks to get some level of calibration. I don't need
real high percision for hobby work, but they should at lest be set to
some reasonable standard.

Pete C.

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

In article , Pete C. wrote:
They've been soaking since Friday afternoon and still don't turn. I'll
let them soak some more while I find the ambition to try to take them
apart.

I presume that you've checked whether the spindle locks are set.
They are typically a knurled ring at the spindle end of the frame,
though sometimes there is instead a lever there.

Also -- if you have an ultrasonic cleaner, you might use that to
improve the penetration and cleaning power of the Kroil.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564