On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:56:51 GMT, Michael Baglio
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:12:10 GMT, "Sweet Sawdust"
wrote:

Clamps bend whether they be Bessie or elcheapo HFs they bend.

Okay, fair enough. This is the internet and I didn't spell it out.
I should have specified "I haven't had 1/2" pipe clamps bend enough to
cause whatever is being clamped to be thrown out of square or buckle
from uneven pressure."

I have.

'course, those 10 footer 1/2" pipe clamps bow if you just look at them
hard...

3/4" is overkill. And heavy as hell. Did I mention they weigh a ton,
too?

not only that, but they weigh a lot.

Best,
Michael "wimpy" Baglio
Who's thinking maybe those spanish luthiers have the right idea by
clamping everything with stick-twisted ropes. ;

the tighter you get it, the straighter they get...