On 7 Sep 2004 09:39:31 -0700, (Elmar) wrote:

Have a new Bostitch framing nailer. I still have a problem with some
double firing etc...How much does air pressure matter? I am only
using 75psi for a framing nailer. It's within the proper range.
SHould I use MORE pressure?

I run my framing gun about 90 psi. it's an old paslode, so that data
point may not be relevant to your gun.

on every gun I've used, it seems like underpressuring it leads to the
piston not fully retracting after driving a nail, which means next
time you try to shoot one you have to hit it twice- once to finish the
previous cycle, then again to drive a nail. I have never seen double
firing that I could attribute to too low of line pressure.

It's probably technique. try a lighter touch- that is, don't lean into
the gun when bounce nailing. let the recoil push the gun away from the
wood. when you're trying for precise placement rather than bounce
nailing, set the nose where you want the nail and depress the tip with
your fingers off of the trigger, then twitch the trigger once and
release, again letting the recoil push the gun away from the wood.

Practise, practise....

What else is there? I use plenty of pressure, I lean heavy onto the
naile when I fire....

don't lean heavy into the nail. there's your problem right there....

Should I set the depth a little less? Or more?

set the depth so that the head of the nail is just below the
surface...

I'm sort of new to this framing nailer stuff....

it has a rythm.

boinka boinka boinka boinka boinka...

Thanks!

Elmar