ben45

Default kenmore dryer - motor?

My dryer seems to have kicked the bucket the other day.
By the looks of what I've been reading it sounds like its probably the
motor - dryer doesn't start, sits there and turns very slowly when the start
button is held down, but stops as soon as it lets go, if left pressed in too
long it will shut itself down by way of a breaker. Also lights dim when the
button is pressed down.

My dryer seems to be a 279827 motor, and from what I see a lot of 220v
dryers also run off that same motor? Is it possible to just pickup a cheap
used 220v machine and rip the motor out for use in my 110v dryer? If so,
would the connections on the motor from the 220v machine be the same?

thanks,
ben