TURTLE

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
m...
While I hope everybody is well after the pounding Florida took again,
I have to wonder why we put up with the Federal Government paying for
natural disasters that occur year after year. If you can't afford
the proper insurance for the disasters that hit your area, MOVE.

We all know Florida and the Carolinas get hammered by hurricanes,
California has earthquates and forest fires, Oklahoma has tornados,
and those who live in a flood plane of a river get floods, and those
who live at the base of a volcano get covered in lava, yet tax payers
are forced to reimburse those people who CONTINUE to rebuild in the
exact same spot time after time, knowing those places will get hit
again in the future. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

This is Turtle.

Larry , Before Flood insurance came along , the Federal government was repairing
and replacing homes for nothing after hurricans and it became too much cost to
take. So the Federal Government came up with Flood insurance and stop paying for
home repairs for nothing. The money taken up for flood insurance will take care
of all the losses due to flooding or weather damage. I live in Louisiana and I
have flood insurance on my home because it could flood if the right conditions
would happen. I have paid $400.00 a year for flood insurance and in 20 years of
paying it. i have never collected a Penny. I have paid in close to $120,000.00
in priemium and with interest added for them holding that money and not fixing
my home at all. I estimate that money would have growed to about $750,000.00
with 25 years of interest. So how may houses can they replace with 3/4 of a
million Dollars off of turtle alone in the Fla. Hurricane Flooding. I would say
i paid for 7 Homes alone off me and I guess i should be ****ed too but hey My
chance at a New home might just be around the corner.

Also Larry if you don't have flood insurance the Federal government will not fix
nothing on your home. the Red Cross will help you some with appliances & Clean
up but the home replacement is not happening. Now the Federal Government will
loan you money to replace your home with at about a 3% interest rate but if you
don't pay the cost of the loan. They come get your home and land and call it
waiste land or just own it for ever. Also if you borrow money from a bank and
you live where it floods. the bank requires you to have Flood insurance or they
don't loan you any money to build anything. Also as the Government loan of 3%
your required to have flood insurance in youir note.

Larry things are not happening as you thing here.

TURTLE