Default Further Earth Bonding questions

Question 1. I have been examining my earth bonding and have found
that the earth connection between where the cable enters my house to
the other size of the main fuse is made from earth cable that is only
about 3mm thick at most and it is not insulated. Presumeably this is
fairly old. This is only a short length about 25cm. There is then a
copper covered cable that goes for about 6 metres to the meter. The
earth connection into the consumer unit and connected to the gas and
water is much more substantial and is insulated.

Is there any danger posed by the thin link around the main fuse? Should
I replace it?

Question 2. (see previous post) In my laundry/shower/toilet room there
is no earth bonding. I understand that I must link all the pipes
together. However my radiator is on the otherside of the room and I
don't want to rip up floor boards to fit the cable. Is it alright to
route this via my cellar back to where the cold water pipe enters the
room. This means that effectively the cable will be going around the
outside of the room. Do I have to put the connection in the laundry
room or can I make this in the cellar?

Thanks as always
Tim