jd

ok there is short soldering required in one place. The only place I
can see that has a blob is actually on the ribbon cable as it comes
off of laser. The blob only covers 1 line. Is that the problem? I
looked on the old one and the place where the blob was is flat, but u
can tell there was one there. So, do I need to find a short solder guy
at this point? lol. Never done it, so...
I got a friend in electronics, so I am going to give him a call at
this point, but please post anything else plus thank you for getting
me in the right direction. I will post with an update as well.

jd

can someone affirm that this is the place that needs to be soldered.
It says the unit has to be installed, so I have to turn the entire box
to get to where the blob will drip down? Can I just hook up the ribbon
cables, not mount the entire sled, remove the blob, unhook the cables,
then mount. Or can u not unhook the cables once the blob is removed?

thnx again