Bob Peterson

I too dislike moderated newsgroups. Even normally fair moderators can
occasionally act against the best interest of the group (everyone has
his/her own agenda now and then). I can filter out people I don't want to
hear from pretty effectively even with OE. I prefer I have that control
rather than some moderator I don't know and have no way to judge.

Do you really want someone else deciding what you can read? That's what a
moderated Ng is.

If you want that, there are thousands of email lists and forums that are
moderated and the owner/moderator can decide for you what you are allowed to
read, and you will never even know what you might have missed.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
There are numerous ways to filter out the junk. Many applications
are very effective. Personally, I dislike moderated groups although
they might be of value to some people. A moderator may omit posts
which are actually related to woodworking, and I tend to read
"slightly off" topic posts (remember the shop dog that passed away?)
Plus, moderated groups delay posts and I occasionally I appreciate
quick responses.