x@y

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
x@y wrote:

Could anyone Please describe step by step,
how post Links when I answer a post to newsgroups
without typing them. I was told it is a piece of cake,
cut & paste. My cut & paste icons on the tool bar are
greyed out. I am old but new with computers.

I use Windows XP home, with OE 6 & Internet exp.

Thanks in Advance. x@y.

And, if those links are really looooooong, like if you've

gotten to a
page after you've dug down to that item you needed to locate at

Depot or something like that, do the highlite/Control-C thing

on it and
then use your browser to go to:

http://www.tinyurl.com

Where you then paste (Control-V) it into the box, Hit "Make

Tiny URL"
and receive a much shorter URL like:

http://tinyurl.com/4x3sl

(Which happens to be my own home page. At my age, it's much

easier for
me to remember or correctly write down "4x3sl" than the actual

URL;
click the link above and see what I mean.)

That "TinyURL" thing avoids the problems which occur if the URL

is too
long to fit on one line in a message, in which case clicking on

it in
some browsers doesn't produce the intended results.

Just my .02,

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"As long as there are final exams, there will be prayer in

public
schools"

Hello Jeff !!
I am going to print the above Instructions and practice.
Thank You very much for Your Time. x@y