Hamie

John Rumm wrote:
Hamie wrote:

This worries me...

I have an existing window, single glazed sash, that's pretty old & the
sashes are in pretty bad nick, but the frame oitself is fine. The fram
does have a problem in that it's been pushed back into the room by
about 30mm and needs reseating...

If I do the work myself, remove the window frame, clean up the
brickwork, put it all back with new double glazed sashes (From
copycat), do I need to get it certified? (The house itself is 1890's
and the sash certainly looks old enough to be original).

Nope that would be outside the regs since it would count as a repair
rather than a replacement.

Ah good... In that case I'll proceed...

I wonder how much of the original you need before a repair turns into a
replacement

[No, it's a repair, because the sash cord is original, I just replaced
the rest ]