Andrew Rossmann

In article ,
says...
"James Sweet" writes:

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote in message
In article 0H2%c.5096$5Y6.1028@trnddc07,
James Sweet wrote:

Yes you can buy 2 wire outlets and no it's *NOT* legal to install 3 wire
outlets on a non-grounded circuit.

As someone else said, it is legal if they are GFCI outlets.

But how many of those installed in the real world are on GFCI? I've lost
count the number of times I've seen someone install 3 wire receptacles in
non grounded houses, a lot of times the houses don't even have a GFCI at
all. Certainly adviseable to add, though not everything will work right on
them. I've seen a lot of computers and a few microwave ovens that would trip
them regularly.

Part of the problem is that it's not that easy to find 2 wire outlets at
your local hardware store. Our local large chain hardware store probably
has 16 varieties of duplex outlets, all 3 prong, and no 2 prong types.

My local Home Depot has 2-wire outlets.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross