rck

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
I have another homeowners insurance question.

Suppose I took out 2 policies from 2 different companies simultaniously?

I hear a few horror stories about how homeowners insurance never makes one
"whole" again. But 2x the payout oughta solve that issue.

Insurance companies have clauses to coordinate benefits. If you have two
policies, their combined payout won't be any higher. Each will pay half of
what one would normally pay and you will have paid twice for no additional
coverage. On the application form, they will ask if you have any other
insurance on this property. Better to pay for one good policy that covers
full replacement value with no deductible.

Bob