John Mathewson

Default GE Stove Top Pilot Light Problem

We have a GE Monarch gas stove top with piezo pilot lights.
Unfortunately, the pilot lights don't work properly. Most often, the
piezo starts clicking when gas is applied but continues after the
burner has lit, which can get old. On other occassions, it doesn't
trigger at all and we need to use a lighter. Sometimes it works
normally. Sometimes one burner is normal while others trigger the
incessant clicking problem.

Does anybody know what might cause this and are there parts available
to fix something like this? The repair guys told me it was cost
prohibitive to make a repair of this type.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

John