raden

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
bill wrote:

I am going to change the ceramic kitchen floor tiles and would like to have
included some form of insulation. The gap is only really deep enough to fit
the tile cement so does anyone know of a type of insulation I might be able
to use? I was wondering about a foil roll or something similar if it exists.

Many thanks.

Pointless unless you can get a couple of inches of polystyrene in there.

Foil is not insulative., Its conductive. Al is the most conductive metal
for its weight there is pretty much.

Nitpick:
Sodium and a couple of other of the alkali metals beat it.

But you don't often see these metals used so much in the construction
industry though

(ueber pedant)

--
geoff