Wayne Tiffany

Default Mazda 626, Fujitsu tuner

I have a Fujitsu Ten modular radio (Model AE-3050TY1A, S/N 9102692) in my
1985 Mazda 626 and the tuner has developed a problem. It would occasionally
lose its presets, as in clearing its memory. My first thought was that the
constant +12 supply line was dropping, but I caught the tuner blanked out
one time when I had the meter hooked up, and the supply was still there. So
then I thought maybe it was a cracked solder joint, but a trip of all the
boards under the microscope found none.

I have checked the ESR of all the major caps and all appear to be ok. I may
have missed something there as I just received & built my ESR meter over the
weekend. But I compared caps of similar sizes, and also compared to others
I had, and I didn't find any that raised alarm.

The original symptoms started about a year ago, but were so random that I
could never catch it being bad long enough to do any more than wiggle wires,
etc. Now it finally totally quit, so whatever was deteriorating, finally
quit.

Has anyone been through one of these? Any guesses out there? Schematics
available? Thanks for any help.

WT