BruceR

patriarch wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in
:
snip

I've probably owned 6 laptops in the past 12 years, and that is the
first one I've not bought used. Personally, I've gone back to using a
desktop in a, likely out-of-step, effort to return to more Luddite
ways.

This commment shows, I guess, how far we've come, when a desktop user feels
he's a Luddite. ;-)

So, what's the proper OS for a Neander computer user? ;-)

The OS is the power tool of computers. The Neander computer provides
memory for instruction/data storage and a processor that understands
basic machine codes to manipulate the data according to the provided
instructions. What more would a Neander need? Of course some would argue
that having a processor follow your instructions and manipulate your
data is akin to a power tool so the true Neander who makes his own
woodworking tools should also by definition make his own processor by
hand coding an FPGA or actually building a bit slice.

-BR

Patriarch,
who really appreciates the bigger screen on the desktop.