Brian G

"a" wrote in message
. net...
First of all is there any point in fixing the vibration sensors from the

old
wooden windows back onto the new upvc ones? I guess someone could still
break them, albeit with a bit more effort than the old ones?

Secondly, what is the the best way of fixing them? Can you screw into the
upvc or is some sort of sticky stuff a better idea (but maybe not sticky
pads as you wouldnt want to absorb too much vibration). What about

sticking
the wires to the frames too?

cheers

Dave.

Dave,

I've had vibration sensors for my alarm system fitted to UPVC windows now
for about six years. These are either screwed to the frame or stuck on with
a "sticky pad". Over the years, the pads seem to break down and I usually
end up refixing the sensor with a couple of small self tapping screws - I
drill the UPVC frame first.

With regards to the wires - these were originally fixed to the wall (not the
frame) with small staples - but when I have re-wall papered each room, I
have removed these and tucked the cables away under the wall paper or even
the plastic trims around the windows to make a neater job.

After fixing, just re-adjust the sensitivity of the sensor setting to take
account of the difference in material.

Hope this helps

Brian G