Alan Campbell

"G&M" wrote in message
snipped
Agreed one can never filter enough - we now have a 10 micron filter followed
by a 0.5 micron filter feeding into the 600 gallon tank. These are changed
6 monthly.

I've asked the council guy to wait a couple of months before retesting as
I'm waiting for some metallic traces to flush out of the system fully. I'll
let you know what he finds. Just because you are the only house on the
supply (everybody has their own supply round here) doesn't mean the council
don't have to test it.

I'm no expert and I don't know your setup but do you particle and then
UV filter the water from the 600 gallon tank before using it for
drinking/cooking?.

I heard that water can't be filtered then stored and then safely used
without being filtered again.

Our water is stored unfiltered in a tank at the spring where it comes
from and is only filtered when it gets into the house. All the cold
water sink taps are fed directly from the filter and we have another
tank in the loft which is used for everything we don't drink/cook
with. This is filtered but is necessary because the filter is only
good for 21l/min IIRC so wouldn't supply our peak demand.

We also run the water for a short while before using it to ensure it
has just been filtered.

I might give the guy from the council a call. Part of his problem is
that we are an hour away from his lab and he must test the water
within an hour of the sample being taken which makes it tricky for
him. Not that I am too bothered. The previous occupants lived here for
over 50 years without any filtering and both lived well into their
80's - in fact, one of them may still be alive so it can't be that
bad. I guess you are in a similar position.

Alan.