Andy Hall

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:08:44 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

all the top jobs to themselves, so why know about
something
usef"Andy Hall" wrote in message

.. .
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:45:34 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM

Why? we had to design a bridge in the first year engineering course.
When I look back it was more about engineering in tolerances and
producing the most cost effective solution for a given problem, which

is
very important in engineering.

Real life engineering is very much about efficient solutions to
problems, the principles travel across the various disciplines

SO was this the Humber bridge you all designed?

Let's see now. It seems to me that we are up to at least four people
now who know the concept that different facets of technology and
engineering have a common basis.

That is obvious. It is taught at base level. Then in a degree it is honed.
The snot uni did not hone it.

You really have no idea about what happens in universities do you?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl