Andy Hall

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:35:02 +0100, "mike. buckley"
wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On 7 Sep 2004 00:48:44 -0700, (bruce phipps)
wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a house which has a UPVC conservatory.
I've never lived in a house with a conservatory before. But my
perception of conservatories is that they a

* Boiling hot in summer

Not if you ventilate and shade them.

We're just in the stages of ordering our conservatory. We've decided on
2 manual vents in the roof, but they've quoted us 350 quid each :-o
This is against a fairly cheap quote of 8k for all the rest of the work
(includes demolition of existing ****e extension and french doors in the
lounge). Anybody know if this is a reasonable figure (the roof vents,
not the overall quote)?

The overall quote is quite cheap, but the vents, in proportion are
expensive. I would try beating them up on the price and get them
down to £200 each. That would be reasonable.

Don't be tempted to omit them though.

Had a google and found that the vents themselves
are about 100 quid each, but obviously they need fitting and I'm not
sure how involved that is. However even with a generous markup it seems
pricey.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl