IMM

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:45:34 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

Electrical and electronic are now very different fields and have

been
for a
very long time.

Only in jumped up technical colleges where its not to be expected

that
you will be taught to think for yourself.

********!! Snotty uni attitude again. Snotty uni's don't teach

properly,
as they give all the top jobs to themselves, so why know about

something
useful.

The ordinary degree at cambridge is in engineering only.

Covering everything from building bridges via heat engines to

electronics.

Madness!!!! I can just see a board designer, saying "the next job is

doing
a bridge". get real.

Why? we had to design a bridge in the first year engineering course.
When I look back it was more about engineering in tolerances and
producing the most cost effective solution for a given problem, which

is
very important in engineering.

Real life engineering is very much about efficient solutions to
problems, the principles travel across the various disciplines

SO was this the Humber bridge you all designed?

Let's see now. It seems to me that we are up to at least four people
now who know the concept that different facets of technology and
engineering have a common basis.

That is obvious. It is taught at base level. Then in a degree it is honed.
The snot uni did not hone it.

Your horizon appears to be very close by.

You have demonstrated that you lack basic common logic.

---