Dave Liquorice

On 6 Sep 2004 18:31:12 -0700, Conrad Edwards wrote:

Is this something I can buy off the shelf, e.g B&Q, or would I need
a joiner?

I got a moulded "panelled" bi-fold door from B&Q a while back. They
are "fun" to hang as they need to be vertical in both front/back and
left right planes or front/back and in a true square frame. It's a
while since I fitted mine...

Also, would it be possible to make such a door by altering, i.e.
sawing in half, the existing door?

It might be but modern internal doors are constructed out of 1/8" ply
and a honeycomb light card core. The edges would need a block of wood
fitting in and unless you got the cut *exactly* straight and square
the folding won't work particulary well or not at all.

The next problem you will find is how to lock it when you are in
there - some sort of metal loop and bar arrangement?

Why bother?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail