Stephen Hull

Default Varnishing over Paint

In message
(Bob) wrote:

I've been repainting my kitchen cupboard doors using dulux satinwood,
since none of the kitchen makeover paints were available in the colour
I wanted.

To give a hardwearing, washable finish, I thought I should then add a
few coats of varnish. However, the varnish leaves a patchy,
grubby-looking finish (even when using brand new brushes) which makes
me wonder whether it is incompatible with the paint below.

What varnish are you using, If water base then you'll get much better
results using either an oil or a polyurathane base varnish.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be the problem, and more to the
point, what kind of varnish I should be using?

Personally I'd use an oil based varnish, But I would say that

Steve.

--
Vehicle Painting Pointers:
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk