patriarch

Michael Baglio wrote in
:

3/4" is overkill. And heavy as hell. Did I mention they weigh a ton,
too?

Best,
Michael "wimpy" Baglio
Who's thinking maybe those spanish luthiers have the right idea by
clamping everything with stick-twisted ropes. ;

I'll agree that there is a right clamp for most jobs, and using the wrong
one is 'sub-optimal'. I'll also agree that there are a lot of really cool
processes and tools that luthiers use, which would be applicable to the
furniture and jewelry boxes, which make up most of what I attempt these
days.

There is certainly nothing wrong from learning a lesson from 'the other
folks' whenever we can.

Patriarch,
who's thinking there are times when 3/4" may be heavy, but perhaps still
not enough for some projects.