Richard Savage

Default Kitchen extractors NOW WITH PICS!

Andy Hall wrote:

OK. Then you will need to think about that at an early stage.
If you are thinking about electric UFH, then I don't believe that it
incurs too much depth in addition to the tiles. Obviously any wet
plumbed version does. Bear in mind that if you use electric UFH and
don't have insulation underneath it could be a bit expensive to run.
The house may already have insulation under the concrete of
course.....

No chance! Built in 1951-ish under Building Control Licence conditions. As I understand it this
means built under what amounted to wartime rationing conditions with the cheapest possible materials
and total absence of quality control. Anyone want to buy a house near Sevenoaks?

If you are going to go the whole hog on this it would imply digging
out the screed or raising the floor level. This may not appeal too
much.

Yers, we are going to give it some serious thought.

How about using two plinth heaters in different places run at low
settings?

If you have access to the heating pipes near the oven, how about
putting one run from that in the corner near the oven. You have
plinth space there and it would also be a lot less expensive to run
than the electric one.

Funnily enough the Kickspace was originally installed in the oven corner. The pipe tails are still in
place. I moved it to the current location because it raised the temperature of the kitchen area
rapidly to quiet uncomfortable levels ( I know that I can include a thermostat in the mains supply)
and, strangely, very little of the warmth reached the breakfast room. In its current location the
heat reaches both rooms.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Thanks Andy,