Mark D. Zacharias

"jd" wrote in message
om...
"JVC dude" wrote in message

did you remove the solder blob shorting/protecting the new laser!

I'm in computers not electronics...lol. So it is probably something
easy like that. However I don't know what that is. I can I'm sure
guess pretty close. I saved the old asembly and the 2 lasers look the
same. I think I remember taking something off of the laser, but it
would have been something that was real noticeable. Please start
simple as u did, because this most likely has something to do with my
installation.
thnx JVC dude.

As someone else suggested, there should be a protective solder "blob"
somewhere on the pickup pc board, cable, or in the case of some later Sony
models I've seen, the solder blob which must be cleared is on the little
board on the side of the mech where the cables take off to the main unit.
Visible from the TOP side. In fact, it should be unsoldered AFTER plugged
into the circuit.

Mark Z.