Pete C

On 6 Sep 2004 01:06:30 -0700, (N. Thornton) wrote:

I presume either spruce or pine, dont actually know. Its a handmade
construction in the garden. Joined... not very well, just butted up
and nailed.

I've used shed stuff on it, its the numerous cracks Im concenred
about, the water will just bypass the treated surface.

Hi,

If the cracks are along the grain I wouldn't worry too much, rot tends
to attack end grain so the surface would go first. OTOH if it's
cracking across the grain (checking) that could be the onset of rot.
Soaking preserver into the cracks should help in any case.

cheers,
Pete.