Ron K

Well, popping off the cover of my EA771 monitor, I carefully probed
around with my FM radio, looking for the source of the RF radiation.
It seemed to be strongest near the shielded metal box at the far end
of the CRT. This box has about six different ground wires running to
it. I tried moving the ground wires, without effect. I tried adding
more shielding to the box using aluminum tape- no effect.

There is also 87.5 MHz radiation around the yoke, and the power supply
area. Not much I could do about the yoke, but after turning off the
monitor, and waiting awhile, I re-soldered some flaky-looking solder
joints, and tried it again. No effect.

RF is fairly hard to isolate, and even more difficult to contain. I
put the monitor cover back on.

I could have experimented more with the frequency and characteristics
of the TVI as suggested, but I just wanted to get rid of it. Finally,
I went out and bought an FM trap from Radio Shack. I hooked it up to
my TV and…no effect! The patterns are still present.

It's sad, because the monitor has never given me a problem, is as
solid as a rock, and has great color.

Ponder…Ponder…Ponder

Ron K